Saturday, June 16, 2012

success

there are too many days i downplay my parenting abilities because of my mommy mishaps. but after my river trip... the one in which everyone survived... i thought i do do some stuff right. i have a lot of success stories. and i should surely focus on those. instead of the hiccups.

for instance:
i have used my skillful manipulation tactics to convince her that mommy will be so careful while brushing her hair. she no longer runs from me.

after the 'world's greatest fit' thrown saturday night at the river, i felt defeated. i felt like i was failing this parenting test. that she isn't in the best hands. {and for the record... nothing crazy happened. no spanking or traumatizing events.} just me feeling out of control and both of us being overly tired. i told her she was being a brat. and then felt terrible for telling her that. although... she probably didn't hear me over her screams.


we are so alike that i totally get it. i get her moods. her crazy behavior. her bossiness. but it doesn't make it easier.
it does make me appreciate my mom more. for letting me be me. she dealt with the exact same circumstances {a bossy girl} and never made me feel bad about myself. 

“Your kids require you most of all to love them for who they are, not to spend your whole time trying to correct them.”
― Bill Ayers




No comments:

Post a Comment