Friday, December 30, 2011

foodie

i would consider myself a foodie. as best explained by the urban dictionary:
'A person that spends a keen amount of attention and energy on knowing the ingredients of food, the proper preparation of food, and finds great enjoyment in top-notch ingredients and exemplary preparation. 
A foodie is not necessarily a food snob, only enjoying delicacies and/or food items difficult to obtain and/or expensive foods; though, that is a variety of foodie.'

i love food. i think i love it more than the average person. i think about it all day everyday. it reroutes my drive home, it changes the places i shop, it is {almost} my most favorite thing to talk about. 

nursing a baby makes food even more fun. since my body is burning all these sinful calories making milk, i eat almost anything i want. it's going to be a hard habit to kick. i feel zero guilt preparing a meal with lots of butter and oil and sides and dessert. lots of dessert.  

lately i have been inspired by auntie m. she nearly cooks everything from scratch. from blueberry muffins to beef wellington and everything in between. this is where my true 'foodie-ness' comes into play. i think homemade- from scratch meals, treats, snacks are under appreciated. in a time where you can buy anything pre-made, it's rare to find someone cooking something genuine. something homemade. something good. I appreciate a homemade from scratch item so very much. especially now that i'm a mom and time is sacred. 

i take great pride in my from scratch items. especially my coconut cupcakes from ina garten. if ever a bogart there was, it would be me with these cupcakes. it's almost as if they could only be appreciated by other foodies, someone turned off by an overly frosted vons cupcake. i'm sorry... if you love a cupcake that coats your mouth in an oily residue, then you can not have one of mine. if you inhale your food then you can not have one of mine. 


i am proud of my cooking skills. i am proud to call myself a foodie. i am thankful there are people as obsessed with food as i am. i wish my babies didn't have 'mom's meal is ready~ i need her RIGHT NOW' radar.


  
pizza port... one of my favorite reasons to camp at san elijo state beach
   

1 comment:

  1. I'm a foodie too. I'm so going to miss those extra 500 calories from nursing because I certainly don't waste them on healthy food :)

    ReplyDelete